VIT University | VITEEE 2014 Entrance Exam, Date, Notification
VIT University has announced the VITEEE 2014 Entrance Exam for admission in various Undergraduate Engineering Courses for the academic year of 2014 – 15. The candidates should go through the exam pattern, eligibility and other details in order to be well informed with the exam and its methodology.
VITEEE 2014 Exam – Detailed Pattern:
- The Engineering Entrance Exam will be organized in between 9.04.2014 and 20.04.2014
- Exam duration will be 2.30 hrs.
- Every exam taker must book his/her OWN time slots for taking the entrance exam on the official website from March 2014 onwards as per the released notification.
- VIT University 2014 Exam will have the following parts:
Part I: Physics
Part II: Chemistry
Part III: Mathematics / Biology
- All questions will be OBJECTIVE
- Students attempting Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry will be eligible for all the 14 engineering programmes offered by the University.
- Candidates who attempt sections of Chemistry, Physics and Biology in VITEEE 2014 will be eligible for B. Tech. in Biotechnology, Bio – Medical and Computer Science and Engineering ONLY.
- All students must submit their choices for sections they are going to take in the exam at the time of slot booking for the exam.
- All questions in exam will be primarily from CBSE Syllabus and State Board of Higher Secondary Education. Candidates can refer to exam syllabus too.
- In VITEEE 2014, every section of exam will have 40 questions and every question will carry ONE mark.
- NO NEGATIVE MARKING will be there. Hence, any wrong answer will NOT lead to deduction of marks from the total score of candidate.
- VIT 2014 Exam will be framed in ENGLISH.
VITEEE 2014 – Eligibility Criteria:
- The minimum score secured should be at least 60% aggregate in qualifying exam in which the compulsory subjects should be Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics/Biology.
- Candidates belonging to below mentioned categories must obtain 50% average marks in the subjects of Mathematics / Biology, Physics and Chemistry in qualifying exam, to be eligible for VIT University 2014 Exam:
ST/SC Category Candidates
Candidates of J&K, North Eastern States namely, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Sikkim, Tripura and Nagaland.
- To be eligible for VITEEE 2014, candidates who have the Certificate to Prove Nativity and the attested proforma as per the Annexure III of Information Brochure will also come under this category.
VITEEE 2014 Exam – Application:
- Candidates desirous of filling the online form have to logon to the Official Application Portal.
- The online form payment is to be done via DD Mode or Net Banking or Credit or Debit Card.
- The Online Form fee is Rs. 925/- only.
- Candidates filling the online form have to mail the HARD COPY of Online form of VITEEE 2014 before the last date at following address:
Director – UG Admissions,
Vellore – 632014.
VIT University 2014 Exam – Offline Mode Application:
- Candidates seeking offline application forms can purchase information brochure and form from various post offices after paying Rs. 975/-. List of all the post offices can be seen at the below mentioned link:
- Application form of VITEEE 2014 can also be obtained in person from the below mentioned campuses :
- VIT University, Vellore Campus
- VIT University, Chennai Campus
- Chennai Administrative Office,
New No. 6, (Old No. W – 73),
Second Street (Opposite Towers Club),
Chennai – 600040.
Candidates obtaining the form in person will have to deposit a DD of RS. 975/- in name of “VIT University” which is payable at Vellore.
Another method to obtain the Offline form of VITEEE 2014 is to send the fee DD of Rs. 975/- favoring “VIT University” which is payable at VELLORE along with a Cover Letter to
“Director –UG Admissions”,
Vellore – 632014.
Read more on application form at: